What sorts of questions should you ask your travel agent? What questions should they ask you? The first meeting with an agent sets the tone for the relationship and should be an honest discussion of your needs and the agent’s strengths. It’s not all bout cost, but rather service and compatibility. So don’t be shy. Speak up and say what’s on your mind, and answer honestly when you are asked about your travel dreams.
Some questions you should ask:
- How long have you been in business?
- Have you been to the part of the world where I want to travel?
- Have you been to this specific location?
- How is your service different than other agents?
- Do you have references I can talk to?
- Do you charge a planning fee?
- How will I be able to get a hold of you in an emergency?
Some questions your agent should ask you?
- Why are you traveling? Is this a special occasion?
- What type of experience are you looking for?
- Who are you traveling with?
- When will you make the final decision and who will be involved?
- Where have you traveled in the past?
- What types of accommodations did you stay?
- What was your favorite trip and why?
- What was your least favorite and why?
- What is the maximum you are willing to spend?
- Have you gotten quotes from other agents?
With an open and honest meeting, you and your agent can begin a lifelong partnership in exploration and travel built on trust and met expectations.
What has your experience been with travel agents? What questions would you have liked to ask if you had the chance again?